Now, the ITF is on a mission to protect, plant and cultivate trees in partnership with local African communities to support the:
• Conservation of trees and an increase in indigenous knowledge about the sustainable use of natural resources
• Advocacy and public awareness of environmental and socio-economic issues created by deforestation, both close to home and further afield
• Widespread knowledge about the powerful potential of trees to rehabilitate land, fight climate change and generate sustainable agriculture and livelihood benefits.
• Establishment of natural resource management strategies within local communities.
• Cultivation of traditional foods and medicines to improve the livelihood and health within rural communities
• Creation of jobs and business opportunities through the adoption of agro-ecology and agroforestry practices
• Development of by-laws and regional policies which meet the needs and aspirations of local communities striving to live in a socially and environmentally friendly way
When you choose to dress your table with Studio William cutlery, you choose to support a cause that can quite literally change the world...and that’s something we’re really pretty proud of.